February 5, 2020
Dear Millburn Schools Community,
As of now, there are no cases of the coronavirus in the state of New Jersey. At this time we continue to recommend following the NJDOH precautions for preventing the flu and other viruses:
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or into your sleeve, not your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Washing hands often for at least 20 seconds, especially after coughing or sneezing. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Keep your children home when they are sick.
- Children should not return to school unless they have been fever-free without medication for 24 hours.
- Avoid people who are sick
- Get a flu shot – it’s not too late to be protected
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
The Department of Health and the Millburn School District recommend that all families with a child who (within the past two weeks) has traveled to an area of the world highly impacted by the Coronavirus, to please contact their child’s principal and/or school nurse prior to sending their child back to school. The Millburn district and school nurses will work with these families to determine the appropriate timeline for reentry to school..
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our students and staff safe and healthy.