Please note: Some of our processes have changed due to COVID-19. In light of current health precautions, until further notice, in-person registration appointments are suspended. All registrations and related communication will be done online. Please read the instructions below to register for the 2021-2022 school year.
Parents of students eligible to begin Kindergarten in September 2021 (5 years old on or before October 1, 2021) will begin the registration process by entering the majority of their information online in the Registration Gateway system from home.
Before you begin, please note:
- Only a parent or legal guardian may register a student in the Millburn School District.
- To attend Millburn Schools a family must be domiciled in a permanent home located in Millburn Township.
- The district does not allow out-of-district families to attend Millburn schools by paying tuition.
- Children must be 5 by October 1 to enter Kindergarten, or 6 by October 1 to enter 1st grade as per Policy 5112.
- Registration for all other grades for the 2021-2022 school year will begin on March 1, 2021, as well as ongoing Kindergarten registration.
Steps in the Kindergarten registration process:
- Create Online Account: Go to registration.millburn.org to create a Registration Gateway account. (If you have registered a new student recently, you may already have a registration account. You may log in with that account, and click on “Add Student” to register your kindergartener.)
- Follow the steps to enter all requested information to pre-register your child. A checklist at the end of the process will alert you to the additional documents/information required to complete your registration.
- Once you have completed your online registration, please email the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Documents at time of verification/registration:
- Official & original birth certificate of child
- Two proofs of residency:
- Primary: deed/lease, or current mortgage statement, or current municipal tax statement
- Secondary: one current (last 45 days) utility bill, or other legal mail addressed to your name at your Millburn/Short Hills address
- If you have just moved to a new address in town we will accept a confirmation of utilities as a temporary secondary proof of residency until you receive a utility bill. For example, a JCP&L service start date email (usually emailed by the utility company as an appointment confirmation at the time you call to set up services).
- Parental identification
- Current immunization record (Required Health Forms Packet)
- Transcripts/report cards are required for placement at the middle and high school, and requested by the elementary schools.
Millburn PreSchool Parents
Parents of students who are currently in the 4-year-old Millburn Preschool program will receive a letter regarding Kindergarten registration. Please follow the instructions on that letter to be sure your child is placed in Kindergarten for 2021-22.
Parents without computer access, having technical difficulty, or who have any questions about Kindergarten registration, please email the registrar Alexa Angster, email@example.com
All families who have registered for Kindergarten will receive a mailing from your school in the spring with information about orientation. You must be registered in order to receive information about transportation.
Please be sure to share this information with neighbors and friends who have children who are eligible for kindergarten next year.
The five elementary schools in Millburn Township are:
Deerfield School, 26 Troy Lane, Short Hills. Phone: 973-379-4843
Glenwood School, 325 Taylor Road South, Short Hills. Phone: 973-379-7576
Hartshorn School, 400 Hartshorn Drive, Short Hills. Phone: 973-379-7550
South Mountain School, 2 Southern Slope Drive, Millburn. Phone: 973-921-1394
Wyoming School, 55 Myrtle Avenue, Millburn. Phone: 973-761-1619