Parents of students eligible to enter Kindergarten in September 2018 (age 5 by October 1, 2018) will begin the registration process by entering the majority of their information online in the Registration Gateway system from home. They will schedule an in-person meeting at the Education Center with the registrar through the Registration Gateway calendar.
The registration portal will be open for Kindergarten Registration beginning on January 1, 2018. Appointments for registration meetings begin on January 16, 2018.
Steps in the Kindergarten Registration Process:
- Go to registration.millburn.org to create a Registration Gateway account. (If you have registered a new student recently, you may already have a registration account. You may log in with that account, and click on “Add Student” to register your kindergartener.)
- Follow the steps to enter all requested information. A checklist at the end of the process will alert you to the additional documents/information required to complete your registration.
- Parents will sign up for a registration appointment on the calendar provided at the end of the online registration process. All parents must meet with the registrar in person to provide their child’s original birth certificate, residency documents and immunization records. The process takes about 10 minutes for parents who have all of the forms and documentation prepared. Click here for registration instructions and the required list of documents.
- Millburn PreSchool Parents
Parents of students who are currently in the 4-year-old program in the Millburn Preschool have received a letter regarding Kindergarten registration. Please follow the instructions on that letter to be sure your child is placed in Kindergarten for 2018-2019.
- Children must be five years old on or before October 1, 2018 in order to register for Kindergarten – no exceptions.
- Parents and students must be permanent residents of Millburn Township
- Parents who have other children currently attending a Millburn elementary school must complete the registration process for their incoming Kindergarten student at this time.
- Children do not need to accompany the parent for registration.
- All other grades can begin registering for the 2018-2019 school year beginning in April 2018.
Parents without computer access, having technical difficulty or who have any questions about Kindergarten registration, please email the registrar Peter Lutchko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An orientation for incoming Kindergarten students and parents will be held at your school in the spring. All families who have registered for Kindergarten will receive a mailing in the spring with information about busing and the subscription-busing program.
Please be sure to share this information with neighbors and friends who have children who are eligible for kindergarten next year.