Back to School Update
BACK TO SCHOOL UPDATE INFORMATION
All families must log in to the Back to School Update site through their PowerSchool PARENT portal account (at ps2.millburn.org) in order to update/confirm the student information for all of your returning students, and agree to the annual forms and notifications.
Follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Parent PowerSchool Account.
- Click on the Arrow in the upper right of the PowerSchool screen
- Click on Registration Gateway - Back-to-School
- Go through the site to confirm/update contact info, medical data, and agreements for each of your children.
REMINDERS FOR 2019-2020:
- NEW THIS YEAR: All returning families will be required to upload a current proof of residency as part of the process (current utility bill, mortgage statement or other legal mail.)
The Back to School Update confirms your address and your acceptance/certification of our residency policies. Only students whose permanent residence is in Millburn Township may attend our schools, and we will pursue all legal consequences for fraudulent registrations.
- OUT OF THE COUNTRY??
The site is not accessible outside of the U.S., so please email us if you will not be in the country. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you will be unable to complete your Back to School Update during the open weeks to make alternative arrangements.
- ADDRESS CHANGES
If you are moving and need to submit an address change, please submit your address change through the BTS Update site. Email your residency proofs to email@example.com.
- WITHDRAWALS ONLY
To withdraw your child from Millburn Schools, log in to PowerSchool, click the small arrow, and use the Withdrawals Only link to submit your withdrawal.
PTO DIRECTORY INFORMATION – OPT IN
YOU MUST OPT IN TO ALLOW THE DISTRICT TO SEND DIRECTORY INFORMATION TO THE PTO!! You must select YES for each student to include your family information in each school’s directory. If you do not select YES, we will not be able to include your student's information in the school directories.
The Primary, Cell, and Email addresses that are listed in the Back to School Update for each student are the numbers that will be sent from PowerSchool to SchoolMessenger for emergency and general calls, as well as general emails.
- Please be sure that you have the same parent email addresses in each student’s record so that your student records will be linked.
- Cell numbers will be imported into the SMS/text fields, so you may receive an opt-in message from SchoolMessenger after you have completed your Back to School Update. Please reply Y or Yes if you wish to receive text messages in the future.
- The site works best on Firefox and Chrome browsers.
- If, while editing one of your students the system tells you it is being accessed or has been sealed, and you have not yet completed your update, please log out of PowerSchool completely, refresh your browser, and try again.
For other questions or PowerSchool assistance, email BTSUpdate@millburn.org
Back to School Update Instructions
How do I log in to and utilize the Back to School Update site?
- Go to the PowerSchool Parent Portal at ps2.millburn.org and sign in to your parent account.
- Please only use one parent’s account to log in and complete the Back to School update.
- Once you are logged in to PowerSchool, click the arrow in the upper right:
Click on Registration Gateway Back to School Link:
5. Once you click the link, you will come to a page with a list of your linked children.
Please Note: If you have incoming Kindergarteners or any students new to the district in 2018-2019, you will not see them in the list. They do not need to be updated at this time. They will be added to your account in the fall.
- Click on the Edit button next to the first student’s name and fill in or approve the fields on each page in order to update the information for this child.
- To update information for the next child, click on “My Students” to return to your student list.
- The “Edit” button will be grayed out for any students you have already updated.
- The Checklist page indicates your completion of the Back to School Update.
- Within 3 hours of completing your update you should receive a confirmation email for each student, at every guardian email address on record for that student.
Once you have completed the update for all of your children, click on “Logout.”
What if I need PowerSchool account help?
You must know how to log in to your parent account and have all of your children connected to your account. If you need assistance with your PowerSchool account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, your student(s) names, dates of birth and grades in 2019-2020, and your PowerSchool issue.
Thank you for your cooperation!