Registering for Millburn Schools?
Some of our processes have changed due to COVID-19. In light of current health precautions, until further notice, we are suspending in-person registration appointments. All registrations and related communication will be done online. Please read the instructions below to register for the 2020-2021 school year.
You can begin the registration process from home by entering the majority of your information online in our Registration Gateway Portal.
- Before you begin, please note:
- Only a parent or legal guardian may register a student in the Millburn School District.
- To attend Millburn Schools a family must be domiciled in a permanent home located in Millburn Township.
- The district does not allow out-of-district families to attend Millburn schools by paying tuition.
- Children must be 5 by October 1 to enter Kindergarten, or 6 by October 1 to enter 1st grade as per Policy 5112.
- Getting Started:
- Go to registration.millburn.org to create a Registration Gateway account, and enter your child’s and family information.
- A checklist at the end of the process will alert you to the documents/information required to complete your registration.
- Once you have completed your online registration, please email the registrar at email@example.com
- Required Documents at time of verification/registration:
- Official & original birth certificate of child
- Two proofs of residency:
- Primary: deed/lease, or current mortgage statement, or current municipal tax statement
- Secondary: one current (last 45 days) utility bill, or other legal mail addressed to your name at your Millburn/Short Hills address
- *If you have just moved to a new address in town we will accept a confirmation of utilities as a temporary secondary proof of residency until you receive a utility bill. For example, a JCP&L service start date e-mail (usually emailed by utility company as an appointment confirmation at the time you call to set up services).
- Parental identification
- Current immunization record (Required Health Forms Packet)
- Transcripts/report cards are required for placement at the middle and high school, and requested by the elementary schools.
- Special circumstances that may require additional documentation:
- If Parents/Guardians live at more than one residence, regardless of which parent has legal custody, court documentation of the custody agreement must be supplied.
- If Legal Guardian, court documentation of guardianship is required.
- Affidavits required for registrants living with Millburn homeowners, renters, no lease, etc. Please contact registrar for specific forms.
- Please check this list of school attendance zones, to determine which school you will attend.
Glenwood School, (Grades K-4): 325 Taylor Road South, Short Hills. Phone: 973-379-7576
Hartshorn School, (Grades K-4): 400 Hartshorn Drive, Short Hills. Phone: 973-379-7550
South Mountain School, (Grades PreK-4): 2 Southern Slope Drive, Millburn. Phone: 973-921-1394
Washington School (Grade 5 only), 70 Spring Street, Millburn. Phone: 973-218-7500
Millburn High School, (Grades 9-12): 462 Millburn Avenue, Millburn. Phone: 973-564-7130