Registering for Millburn Schools?
NOTE: Some of our processes have changed due to COVID-19. In light of current health precautions, until further notice, we are suspending in-person registration appointments. All registrations and related communication will be done online. Please read the instructions below to register for the 2020-2021 school year.
You can begin the registration process from home by entering the majority of your information online in our Online Registration System. As part of that process you will be prompted to schedule a virtual appointment with our registrar.
- Only a parent or legal guardian may register a student in the Millburn School District. To attend Millburn Schools a family must be domiciled in a permanent home located in Millburn Township.
- Proofs of residency in the township must be provided in order to register.
- The district does not allow out-of-district families to attend Millburn schools by paying tuition.
- Children must be 5 by October 1 to enter Kindergarten, or 6 by October 1 to enter 1st grade. (If entering mid-year from another public school program, there may be exceptions.)
- If you have questions about which school you will attend, please check the link to the list of school attendance zones here.
Step by step information for using our Registration Gateway Online Registration System:
- Go to registration.millburn.org to create a Registration Gateway account, and enter your child’s and family information online, in advance of the verification that will take place with the registrar.
- A checklist at the end of the process will alert you to the documents/information required to complete your registration We do NOT need a copy of your checklist or printed registration.
- Once you have completed your online registration in step 1, please email the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org. The registrar will guide you in options for submitting your documentation electronically, provide you with an outline of next steps and answer any of your questions.**
For questions please email the Registrar at email@example.com
Required Documents at time of verification/registration:
- Official, original birth certificate must be shown.
- Two proofs of residency are required:
- Primary -- Homeowners: one of current mortgage statement, current municipal tax statement or deed
- Primary -- Renters: current lease
- Secondary -- one current (last 45 days) utility bill, or other legal mail addressed to your name at your Millburn/Short Hills address.
- If you have just moved to a new address in town we will accept a confirmation of utilities as a temporary secondary proof of residency until you receive a utility bill. For example, a JCP&L service start date e-mail (usually emailed by utility company as an appointment confirmation at the time you call to set up services).
- Current immunization record is also required (Required Health Forms Packet)
- Transcripts/report cards are required for placement at the middle and high school, and requested by the elementary schools.
- Special circumstances may require additional documentation:
- If Parents/Guardians live at more than one residence, regardless of which parent has legal custody, court documentation of the custody agreement must be supplied.
- If Legal Guardian, court documentation of guardianship is required.
- Affidavits required for registrants living with Millburn homeowners, renters, no lease, etc. Please contact registrar for specific forms.
Deerfield School, (Grades K-4): 26 Troy Lane, Short Hills. Phone: 973-379-4843
Glenwood School, (Grades K-4): 325 Taylor Road South, Short Hills. Phone: 973-379-7576
Hartshorn School, (Grades K-4): 400 Hartshorn Drive, Short Hills. Phone: 973-379-7550
South Mountain School, (Grades PreK-4): 2 Southern Slope Drive, Millburn. Phone: 973-921-1394
Washington School (Grade 5 only), 70 Spring Street, Millburn. Phone: 973-218-7500
Millburn Middle School, (Grades 6-8): 25 Old Short Hills Road, Millburn. Phone: 973-379-2600
Millburn High School, (Grades 9-12): 462 Millburn Avenue, Millburn. Phone: 973-564-7130