Registering for Millburn Schools?
You can begin the registration process at any time from home by entering the majority of your information online in our Registration Gateway Portal. You are no longer required to attend an in-person registration appointment as the portal allows for you to upload all necessary documentation.
- Kindergarten students- Please see "Kindergarten Registration for September 2021" .
- Returning to the district students- If your child was withdrawn any time during the school year due to COVID related concerns, and you are looking for your child to return to the district for September 2021. Please see information below.
- If your child is currently an actively enrolled student within the district, you do not need to register for the following school year.
- Only a parent or legal guardian may register a student in the Millburn School District.
- To attend Millburn Schools a family must be domiciled in a permanent home located in Millburn Township.
- The district does not allow out-of-district families to attend Millburn schools by paying tuition.
- Children must be 5 by October 1 to enter Kindergarten, or 6 by October 1 to enter 1st grade as per Policy 5112.
- Go to registration.millburn.org to create a Registration Gateway account, and enter your child’s and family information.
- A checklist at the end of the process will alert you to the documents/information required to complete your registration.
- Once you have completed your online registration, please email the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official & original birth certificate of child
- Two proofs of residency:
- Primary: deed/lease, or current mortgage statement, or current municipal tax statement
- Secondary: one current (last 45 days) utility bill, or other legal mail addressed to your name at your Millburn/Short Hills address
- *If you have just moved to a new address in town we will accept a confirmation of utilities as a temporary secondary proof of residency until you receive a utility bill. For example, a JCP&L service start date e-mail (usually emailed by utility company as an appointment confirmation at the time you call to set up services).
- Parental identification
- Current immunization record (Required Health Forms Packet)
- Transcripts/report cards are required for placement at the middle and high school, and requested by the elementary schools.
- If Parents/Guardians live at more than one residence, regardless of which parent has legal custody, court documentation of the custody agreement must be supplied.
- If Legal Guardian, court documentation of guardianship is required.
- Affidavits required for registrants living with Millburn homeowners, renters, no lease, etc. Please contact registrar for specific forms.
Glenwood School, (Grades K-4): 325 Taylor Road South, Short Hills. Phone: 973-379-7576
Hartshorn School, (Grades K-4): 400 Hartshorn Drive, Short Hills. Phone: 973-379-7550
South Mountain School, (Grades PreK-4): 2 Southern Slope Drive, Millburn. Phone: 973-921-1394
Washington School (Grade 5 only), 70 Spring Street, Millburn. Phone: 973-218-7500
Millburn High School, (Grades 9-12): 462 Millburn Avenue, Millburn. Phone: 973-564-7130