FAQ Staff Topics
Human Resources FAQ Topics for Staff
Aesop - (aka. Frontline Absence Management)
This is the system we use to use a sick day, personal day or vacation day for 12-month staff. Contact Alexa Angster for help.
Mentor Program - A new teacher who still needs to earn his/her New Jersey standard certification is required to participate in a 30-week mentor program. Contact Dave Bailey directly for this. Also, see the certification topic below.
Leaves of Absence and FMLA. Use the following guides and information as a starting point for Leaves of Absence then contact Human Resources to discuss your needs. (NEW)
Certification. For general information on the certification types and process.
NJ Certification Information System click here to check the status or print your certificates 24/7.
The links below provide important information for active employees. Please also partner with the district Human Resources office for assistance.
- MBOS. (Member Benefits Online System) Sign up for your own access to monitor your pension account, apply for loans, use the retirement calculator, name your beneficiaries, and more.
- TPAF. Teachers Pension and Annuity Fund is the retirement system for teachers. Topics include enrollment, purchases, withdrawals, retirement, and more.
- PERS. Public Employees Retirement System is the retirement system for non-certified school employees.
- DCRP. Defined Contribution Retirement Program. This system is for school employees who would qualify for TPAF or PERS, but works fewer than the 32 hours required to enroll in a traditional pension.
- Retirement Estimate Calculator. Watch this 7-minute video on how to use the online tool for a pension estimate.
- Retirement ONLINE VIDEO Appointment. (NEW) Use this calendar to schedule an appointment with the NJ Pension office in Trenton. (New during COVID, although this is better than driving to Trenton!)
- Employment after retirement fact sheet. Avoid jeopardizing your pension after retirement by knowing the law. Tip: the 180 calendar day waiting period for 10-month employees usually begins on September 1st. (see pg. 2)
- Video Library from Div. of Pension and Benefits. (Pension loans, purchasing service credit, retirement, & more)
If you would like to recommend an additional topic to appear here - please email Dave Bailey.