HIB Yearly Grade Reports
Two times each school year (between September 1 and January 1 and between January 1 to June 30), the Superintendent must report to the BOE, at a public hearing, all acts of violence, vandalism and HIB which occurred during the previous reporting period. The reports must include the following information:
• The number of reports of HIB;
• The status of all HIB investigations;
• The nature of the HIB based on the protected categories identified in N.J.S.A.18A:37-14;
• The names of the investigators;
• The type and nature of any discipline imposed on any student engaged in HIB; and
• Any other measures imposed, training conducted or programs implemented to reduce HIB.
School and School District Report Card and Grade
The twice-yearly reports also must be forwarded to the NJDOE once during each reporting period.
Reports will be used by the NJDOE to issue a school and district grade for the purpose of assessing their efforts to implement policies and programs consistent with the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights. The grade for each school and school district must be posted on the homepage of each school’s website and the school district’s website within 10 days of receipt of the grade by the district.